In the early 1800s, the Barbiconi Family started the business in the ecclesiastical field, producing hats for all members of the clergy in a small store in the center of Rome.
The company survived the World War II and in 1948 Renato took over the business. Under his management, the company evolved from making hats exclusively into tailoring high-quality made to measure clerical apparel. The cassock, the clergy vest, the clergy cloak, the ferraiolo and mozzetta, soon became renowned for their consistency of craftsmanship and materials. The activity continued to expand in the time until to include today the sale of religious vestments, accessories for the altar, garments for sisters and Episcopal insignias.
Twenty year later the company finds its present and only site in Via S. Caterina da Siena, always in the heart of Rome. It is in this period that Barbiconi obtains the patent for the famous Roman Collar shirt.
Late in the years 1960s moreover, the company turns its activity also to apparel of the main Chivalry Orders such as Malta and the Holy Sepulchre, manufacturing the uniform, the cape and the medals for Knights and Dames from all over the world.
Barbiconi still remain a family business and currently Christiana, Gabriele and Francesco represent the 6th generation. Their ambition is to ensure the continuation of the family heritage combining the spirit of severe elegance and the traditional highest standards of quality with a modern outlook in the design, in the use of materials and in the service offered to the customers.